Arisant LLC, a premier Oracle Solutions Provider and Oracle Platinum Partner in the Rocky Mountain Region, is seeking a mid-level to senior System and Storage Administrator to join our dynamic, multi skilled team.
* Please, local candidates only or candidates relocating to Colorado.
Duration: Permanent position
Scope: Linux and Storage administration, scripting, OS backups, patching and upgrading.
Responsibilities include installation and configuration of new Linux based systems (RedHat, CentOS, Oracle Enterprise Linux), and performing routine tasks, such as systems monitoring, OS patching and upgrading, upgrading administrative tools, performing security tasks, troubleshooting and root-cause analysis, etc. The individual will be in charge of creating and maintaining virtualized environments using VMware and Oracle VM.
Additional responsibilities include storage virtualization and storage management tasks, such as applying firmware upgrades, creating disk partitions, configuring RAID, storage tiering, etc.
- Experience with Linux/Unix Systems (various flavors of Linux, Solaris, HP-UX, AIX)
- Perform daily operating system monitoring, investigate and troubleshoot problems
- Schedule and apply OS patches and upgrades on a regular basis
- Install 3rd party tools and utilities
- Perform daily tasks including filesystem maintenance, user and group maintenance, etc.
- Perform daily backup operations
- Execute periodic performance tests to support capacity planning
- Ability to provision virtual environments using VMware and Oracle VM
- Ability to work with various authentication models (LDAP, Kerberos, NIS)
- Experience in configuring and maintaining Storage systems (HP, Dell, EMC, etc)
- Ability to configure disk partitions, LUNs ,RAID, multipathing
- Working knowledge of networking
- Minimum of four years system administration experience including virtualization
- Systems Administration/System Engineer certification in Linux preferred
- Minimum of four years of experience in storage design and configuration
- Exposure to Oracle RAC and ASM environments a plus
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Information Systems preferred or higher.
Other Required skills:
- Strong communication skills (oral and written)
- Strong problem solving skills
- Ability if required to obtain a Government low level clearance and undergo a background screening.
- Very occassional travel to client sites as needed.
- Experience supporting on call activities as assigned.
* US Citizens or those authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply. There is no sponsorship available for this position.
* No third parties please.
Arisant is an EEO Employer. We offer competitive salaries, excellent benefits and generous PTO and well as 401K and medical, dental and vision.