Arisant, a premier Oracle Cloud Solutions Provider is seeking a mid-level to senior System Administrator to join our dynamic, multi-skilled team.
Position: Full time - W2
Responsibilities include installation and configuration of new Linux based systems (Oracle Enterprise Linux, RedHat, etc.), and performing routine tasks, such as systems monitoring, OS patching and upgrading, upgrading administrative tools, performing security tasks, troubleshooting and root-cause analysis, etc. The individual will be in charge of creating and maintaining virtualized environments in the Oracle Cloud and AWS.
Additional responsibilities include network configuration and miscellaneous administrative tasks such as maintaining firewalls, setting up VPN connections, installing 3rd party software, etc.
Required Technical Skills
- In-depth senior level hands-on technical experience with Linux Systems (various flavors of Linux)
- Perform daily operating system monitoring, investigate and troubleshoot problems
- Schedule and apply OS patches and upgrades on a regular basis
- Install 3rd party tools and utilities
- Perform daily tasks including filesystem maintenance, user and group maintenance, etc.
- Perform daily backup operations
- Execute periodic performance tests to support capacity planning
- Ability to work with various authentication models (LDAP, Kerberos, NIS)
- Linux security configuration options such as SE Linux and auditd
- Ability to configure disk partitions, LUNs ,RAID, multipathing
- OCI and AWS exposure
- Working knowledge of networking
- Minimum of five years hands-on in-depth system administration experience
- Systems Administration/System Engineer certification in Linux
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Information Systems or higher
Other Required skills
- Strong communication skills (oral and written)
- Strong problem solving skills
- Ability to obtain a Government clearance and undergo a background screening
- Occasional travel to client sites as needed
- Experience supporting on-call activities as needed
Other Desired Skills
- Working knowledge or familiarity with WebLogic, apache, squid, tomcat, ksplice, SAML, IPSEC, Symantec Endpoint Protection, ELK stack
No relocation expenses, travel expenses, or visa sponsorship are offered.
NO THIRD-PARTY RECRUITERS.
Arisant is an Affirmative Action-Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veterans’ status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.